Commissioned at Midland on August 30, 1944, Parry Sound arrived at Halifax late in September and left in October for three weeks' working-up in Bermuda. From Bermuda she sailed direct to St. John's, arriving on November 11, and was assigned to EG C-7. As the group was in Londonderry at the time, she sailed on November 17, in company with several U.S.-built Russian sub-chasers, to join. Her first convoy was ONS.39, which she picked up at the end of the year. She left St. John's on January 17, 1945, for convoy HX.332 but developed defects and had to turn back. It was mid-March before repairs were completed, and parry Sound returned to convoy duty on April 7. She departed Londonderry for the last time early in June and was paid off at Sydney on July 10. Sold for conversion to a whale-killer, she entered service in 1950 as the Honduran-flag Olympic Champion. In 1956 she was sold to Japanese owners and renamed Otori Maru No. 15, last noted in Lloyd's list for 1962-63.