Commissioned at Quebec City on September 25, 1944, Beauhornois arrived at Halifax on October 20 and left for Bermuda on November 6 to work up. On November 30 she sailed from Bermuda for St. John's where she joined EG C-4, leaving on December 9 to pick up her first convoy, HX.324. She was employed on North Atlantic convoys for the next few months, the last one being ONS.45, for which she left Londonderry on March 23, 1945. Among her last duties was acting as escort to the cable vessel Lord Kelvin off Cape Race in May. She was paid off on July 12 and laid up at Sorel. Sold for mercantile purposes in 1946, she was renamed Colon, but became a warship again in 1950, when she was acquired by the Israeli navy and re-named Wedgewood. She was broken up in Israel in 1956.