Jackspeak of the Royal Canadian Navy

Index: 0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z


1. A wooden part (vertical timbers or planking) of the centerline structure of a boat, usually between the sternpost and amidships. It is used to fill the spaces where, owing to the shape of the vessel, the floor-timbers have to be discontinued.
2. A member of the Ship's Company that fills no purpose.

Added: 2014-11-01 Last modified: 2014-11-01

View another term?