Commissioned on May 15, 1942, at Montreal, she arrived at Halifax on May 30. After working up at Pictou, she joined WLEF in July. When this force was divided into escort groups in June, 1943, she became a member of EG W-3, transferring to W-2 in April, 1944. Lent in June, 1944, to EG C-3 for one round trip to Londonderry, she left Halifax on June 2 with convoy HX.294 and returned at the end of the month with ONS.242. Brantford underwent two refits during her career: the first at Quebec City during the summer of 1943; the second at Sydney, completing September 12, 1944, following which she was assigned to HMCS Cornwallis for training duties until the end of the war. Her fo'c's'le was never lengthened. She was paid off on August 17, 1945, at Sorel, sold for conversion to a whale-catcher and, in 1950, entered service as the Honduran Olympic Arrow. Sold into Japanese hands, she was renamed Otori Maru No. 11 in 1956, last appearing in Lloyd's list for 1962-63.
Focsle Extension Never Done.
HMCS BRANTFORD's bell is on display at the Brant Naval Veterans Association at 54 Wadsworth Street in Brantford.