HMCS MONCTON (2nd) (708)
The History of the MONCTON (2nd)
HMCS Moncton (MM 708) is a Kingston-class coastal defence vessel that has served in the Canadian Forces since 1998.
Moncton is the ninth ship of her class which is the name for the Maritime Coastal Defence Vessel Project. She is the second vessel to use the designation HMCS Moncton.
Moncton was laid down on 31 May 1997 at Halifax Shipyards Ltd., Halifax and was launched on 5 December 1997. She was officially commissioned into the CF on 12 July 1998 and carries the pennant number 708.
She is assigned to Maritime Forces Atlantic (MARLANT) and is homeported at CFB Halifax.
MONCTON (2nd) Statistical Data
- Pendant: 708
- Type: Maritime Coastal Defence Vessel
- Class: Kingston
- Displacement: 970 tonnes
- Length: 55.31 m / 181.5 ft
- Width: 11.3 m / 37 ft
- Draught: 3.4 m / 11 ft
- Speed: 15 kts
- Compliment: 31-36 Officers and Crew
- Arms: 1 - 40mm Bofors, 2 - 12.7 mm M.G.
- Builder: Halifax Shipyards Ltd., Halifax, NS
- Keel Laid: 31-May-97
- Date Launched: 05-Dec-97
- Date Commissioned: 12-Jul-98
- Paid off: