HMCS GOOSE BAY (707)
The History of the GOOSE BAY
HMCS Goose Bay (MM 707) is a Kingston-class coastal defence vessel that has served in the Canadian Forces since 1998.
Goose Bay is the eighth ship of her class which is the name for the Maritime Coastal Defence Vessel Project. She is the first vessel to use the designation HMCS Goose Bay.
Goose Bay was laid down on 22 February 1997 at Halifax Shipyards Ltd., Halifax and was launched on 4 September 1997. She was officially commissioned into the CF on 26 July 1998 and carries the pennant number 707.
She is assigned to Maritime Forces Atlantic (MARLANT) and is homeported at CFB Halifax.
GOOSE BAY Statistical Data
- Pendant: 707
- Type: Maritime Coastal Defence Vessel
- Class: Kingston
- Displacement: 970 tonnes
- Length: 55.31 m / 181.5 ft
- Width: 11.3 m / 37 ft
- Draught: 3.4 m / 11 ft
- Speed: 15 kts
- Compliment: 31-36 Officers and Crew
- Arms: 1 - 40mm Bofors, 2 - 12.7 mm M.G.
- Builder: Halifax Shipyards Ltd., Halifax, NS
- Keel Laid: 22-Feb-97
- Date Launched: 04-Sep-97
- Date Commissioned: 26-Jul-98
- Paid off: