HMCS GLACE BAY (2nd) (701)
The History of the GLACE BAY (2nd)
HMCS Glace Bay (MM 701) is a Kingston-class coastal defence vessel that has served in the Canadian Forces since 1996.
Glace Bay is the second ship of her class which is the name for the Maritime Coastal Defence Vessel Project. She is the second vessel to use the designation HMCS Glace Bay.
Glace Bay was laid down on 28 April 1995 at Halifax Shipyards Ltd., Halifax and was launched on 22 January 1996. She was officially commissioned into the CF on 26 October 1996 and carries the pendant number 701.
She is assigned to Maritime Forces Atlantic (MARLANT) and is homeported at CFB Halifax.
GLACE BAY (2nd) Statistical Data
- Pendant: 701
- Type: Maritime Coastal Defence Vessel
- Class: Kingston
- Displacement: 970 tonnes
- Length: 55.31 m / 181.5 ft
- Width: 11.3 m / 37 ft
- Draught: 3.4 m / 11 ft
- Speed: 15 kts
- Compliment: 31-36 Officers and Crew
- Arms: 1 - 40mm Bofors, 2 - 12.7 mm M.G.
- Builder: Halifax Shipyards Ltd., Halifax, NS
- Keel Laid: 28-Apr-95
- Date Launched: 22-Jan-96
- Date Commissioned: 26-Oct-96
- Paid off: