HMCS BRANDON (2nd) (710)
The History of the BRANDON (2nd)
HMCS Brandon (MM 710) is a Kingston-class coastal defence vessel that has served in the Canadian Forces since 1999.
Brandon is the eleventh ship of her class which is the name for the Maritime Coastal Defence Vessel Project. She is the second vessel to use the designation HMCS Brandon.
Brandon was laid down on 6 December 1997 at Halifax Shipyards Ltd., Halifax and was launched on 10 July 1998. She was officially commissioned into the CF on 5 June 1999 and carries the pennant number 710.
She is assigned to Maritime Forces Pacific (MARPAC) and is homeported at CFB Esquimalt.
BRANDON (2nd) Statistical Data
- Pendant: 710
- Type: Maritime Coastal Defence Vessel
- Class: Kingston
- Displacement: 970 tonnes
- Length: 55.31 m / 181.5 ft
- Width: 11.3 m / 37 ft
- Draught: 3.4 m / 11 ft
- Speed: 15 kts
- Compliment: 31-36 Officers and Crew
- Arms: 1 - 40mm Bofors, 2 - 12.7 mm M.G.
- Builder: Halifax Shipyards Ltd., Halifax, NS
- Keel Laid: 06-Dec-97
- Date Launched: 10-Jul-98
- Date Commissioned: 05-Jun-99
- Paid off: